Wright County Environmental Health - Sanitarian
Sandy McGrath RN
Epidemiology and Emergency Preparedness
115 N. Main St
Clarion, IA 50525
(Located in the lower level of Courthouse)
What Does Enviornmental Health Do?
- Private well water inspections and new well permits within Wright County.
- Offers Free private well water testing for Bacteria, e-coli, nitrates, arsenic and manganese
- Grant dollars available to assist private well owners in the cost to close (plug) abandoned wells, cisterns and private well rehabilitation.
- Nuisance investigation, Illegal Dumping Enforcement Officer, Vector Control, Enforce Iowa code 657, Wright County Code of Ordinance 57 & 56
- Investigate and respond environmental public health problems, emergencies and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about environmental public health issues
- Enforce laws and regulation that protect environmental public health and ensure safety
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to environmental public health problems
- Monitors environmental and health status to identify and solve community environmental public health problems.
- Investigate and respond to disease threats animal and human. Septic design and permitting. Enforce Iowa DNR Iowa Code Chapter 69
- Time of Transfer questions at the time of real estate sales, and review of Time of Transfer inspections.
- Master Matrix review.
*Enviormental Health offers FREE well water testing*
Contact Sandy McGrath, RN
Information on Public Health can be found at Wright County Health Department
Health and Safety
COVID-19 Updates and Information
- 11.24.20 - Holiday Guidelines
- 11.16.20 - Public Health Measures
- 11.16.20 - When To Quarantine
- COVID 19 Symptoms
- 9.30.20 -How to Select, Wear and Clean Your Mask
- 7.1.20 - COVID-19 Fact Sheet and Reminders
- 5.21.20 - Press Release - Additional Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Wright County
- 5.21.20 - Keeping Your Summer Party Safe
- 4.28.20 - DIA Frequently Asked Questions for Restuarants Reopening
- 4.28.20 - DIA Criteria for Restuarants Reopening
- 4.8.20 - IDPH Guidance for Businesses
- 4.6.20 - IDPH Guidance for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings
- 4.6.20 - DIY Cloth Face Coverings
- 4.4.20 - Guidance for Drive In Church Services
- 3.29.20 - Homemade PPE Mask Guidelines
- 3.29.20 - Homemade PPE Guidelines for Frontline Workers
- 3.28.20 - Severe Illness Associated with Using Non-Pharmaceutical Chloroquine Phosphate to Prevent and Treat Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- 3.26.20 - First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Wright County
- 3.22.20 - Isolation Guidance for Iowans
- 3.20.20 - Press Release - Donation of Personal Protecive Equipment (PPE)
- 3.16.20 - Wright County Declares State of Emergency
- 3.5.20 -Iowa Department of Public Health - COVID-19
- 2.26.20 - Press Release - Wright County Health and Environmental Health
- 2.26.20 - Coronavirus Talking Points
- 2.18.20 - Press Release - Wright County Environmental Health and Public Health
- 1.21.20 - Coronavirus Talking Points and What You Should Do
- Quick Fact Sheet
- Coronavirus Press Release
- Ready to Quit? You Can. ---> Teens can text or call a toll-free number (855-891-9989) Free and Confidential!