The Wright County Emergency Management Agency is an agency set up from the State Code of Iowa Section 29C.
It has a Commission consisting of:
- 8 Wright County town mayors or their representatives
- a member of the Board of Supervisors
- Wright County Sheriff
Current Commission members are:
- Chair – County Supervisor Stan Watne
- Co-Chair – Sheriff Jason Schluttenhofer
- Belmond Mayor – Al Mattison
- Clarion Mayor – Mike Nail
- Dows Mayor – Larry Klatt
- Eagle Grove Mayor – Sandy McGrath
- Galt Mayor – Bob Miller
- Goldfield Mayor – Tom Stevenson
- Rowan Mayor – Ron Bailey
- Woolstock Mayor – Nelson Mathieson
The Commission hires a Coordinator to run the daily operations of the Agency. The current Coordinator is Jim Lester.
The Board of Supervisors appointed the Emergency Management Coordinator as the Homeland Security Director and advisor to the county for all Homeland Security issues.