Resources for Individuals
Resources for Employees
Resources for Small Businesses
Sole Proprietor or Single member LLC (0 employees)
Targeted Small Business Sole Operator Fund (Grant)
• Offers $5,000 - $10,000 Grant to eligible businesses Click here for more details.
o accepting applications until funds are exhausted
o Must be a Targeted small business or have your application in process by April 10th
Groups with 2-25 employees
Small Business Relief Grant Program and Tax Deferral (Grant)
• Offers grants ranging from $5,000 - $25,000, in addition to offering a deferral of sales and use or withholding taxes due and waver of penalty and interest to eligible businesses. Click here for more details.
• Deadline – Tuesday March 31st at noon
Groups with 2 – 500 employees
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (Loan)
• Working capital loans to help small businesses. Click here for more details.
• Deadline – December 21,2020
Paycheck Protection Program (SBA Forgivable Loan)
• Designed to for small businesses to keep their workers on payroll by providing small loans up to $10 million for payroll and certain other expenses. Click here for more details
• Deadline – has not been given
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- Department of Labor Employee Rights poster Must be posted by April 1st. FAQ
Iowa Department of Public Health
4.8.20 - IDPH Guidance for Businesses
Free resources provided by Iowa State UniversityHow to Deal with COVID-19
Legal Information Hotline: 1-800-332-0419
Iowa Legal Aid in partnership with the Iowa State Bar Association and the Polk County Volunteer Lawyer Project, has opened a free legal information hotline.
Iowans experiencing any type og legal probem due to the pandemic, such as facing eviction, being denied unemployment benefits, experiencing employment issues, or being a victim of identiy theft can call.
For legal information pertaining to COVID-19, Iowa Legal Aid has a website dedicted to common questions and issues. Click here to be taken to their page.