Transit Drivers Wanted
Wright County Transit is taking applications for part-time Transit Drivers. Candidate must have a valid passenger endorsed Iowa commercial driver’s license (CDL) or willing to obtain one. Applications are available at the Wright County Transit Office, 415 6th Ave SW, Clarion, IA 50525 or online.
- Transporting passengers in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform safety checks on transit vehicle and records information on a daily form.
- Helps passengers needing assistance with boarding, seating, and exiting the transit vehicle.
- Ability to stoop, bend, sit for long periods of time, load and unload wheelchairs, and secure wheelchairs in transit vehicle (will train).
- Ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing.
- Provide customer service.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in daily activities and be able to work with and be sensitive with passengers with various disabilities.
- Ability to stay focused, alert, remain calm, and cautious while driving.
- Ability to be flexible with shift hours.