- Implements a systematic and realistic approach to expanding and diversifying Wright County’s business sector.
- Coordinates with all development groups in the county through regular contacts with local officials.
- Drafts annual general fund, marketing, and project-specific budgets.
- Implements a comprehensive program of supplemental financing for the Department, with all possible assistance from public and private sources.
- Negotiates Development Agreements, Incentive packages, Revolving Loan Financing terms, etc.
- Administers and submits qualifying grant opportunities.
- Assists in the coordination of business/site visits.
- Implements programs to encourage new entrepreneurs
- Develops, manages, and seeks future opportunities to enhance the awareness of Wright County Economic Development and its products and services.
- Coordinates and assists in fulfilling Request for Proposals (RFP) or Request for Information (RFI) as needed.
- Prepares and manages timelines for projects.
- Assists in the drafting of the WCED Annual Report and the coordination of the WCED Annual Meeting.
- Prepares monthly Marketing Fund report.
- Prepares claims for payment and invoices.
- Provides assistance and resources for communities and local Development Corporations.
- Represents Wright County Economic Development at various events.
- Aides Wright County Charitable Foundation and Wright County Housing, Inc. as needed.
- Processes Intermediary Revolving Loan payments, documents, applications, files, etc.
- Reconciles disbursements, loans, revenue & expense sheets, general ledger, revolving loan fund, etc.
- Completes payroll reporting.
- Travel may be required.
- Other tasks as directed.
- DEVELOPMENT SKILLS:
- The ideal candidate has experience in negotiating and structuring a Development Agreement.
- The ideal candidate understands the development process and resources available to assist in business relocation, expansion or retention.
- The ideal candidate should have experience working with Tax Increment Financing and other forms of public financing measures.
- MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- The ideal candidate has knowledge in public finance, fiscal budgets, and budget accountability.
- The ideal candidate has developed project plans, timelines, and prioritized critical programs and elements necessary to achieving objectives on a consistent basis.
- The ideal candidate has experience working across departments and organizations effectively.
- The person needs to have completed a Bachelor’s degree. A specialization in public administration, management, marketing, or related field is highly desirable. The ideal candidate should have over 2 years of applicable experience.
- Compensation range will begin at $50,000 and increase based on qualifications. Benefits will follow Wright County policy. These include IPERS, health insurance assistance, dental and vision assistance, paid sick and vacation time.
Please submit resume and cover letter by January 19, 2018 to Sara Sheller at firstname.lastname@example.org or can be sent to the following address:
Wright County Economic Development
115 N. Main Street
PO Box 214
Clarion, Iowa 50525
For more information, please contact Sara Sheller, Wright County Economic Development Marketing Specialist, at (515) 532-6422 or by emailing email@example.com.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled