Wright Place for Your Business!
Iowa Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds stands in front of a sprayer at Hagie Manufacturing in Clarion.
Find Success in Wright County!
Where can you find the Wright People and Wright Place for your business?
In Wright County!
Settled on some of the most fertile farmland in the world, Wright County is the Wright Place for advanced manufacturing firms, bio-sciences development, superior health care, food production and agriculture.
You will find the Wright People here, with a well-educated population that works hard and enjoys a quality of life that features lakes, trails, golf courses, celebrations, history and the arts.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out just some of the business success stories in Wright County.
Eaton Corporation is a long-time member of the Belmond community.
- Eaton Corporation, an international manufacturer, employs more than 250 people at a engine parts manufacturing plant in Belmond.
- Hagie Manufacturing, the pioneer company in agricultural sprayers, was founded in Clarion and employs more than 375 people at its plant in Clarion. It was ranked in the Top 15 Best Places to Work in Iowa in 2012.
- Clarion Packaging, an internationally-owned company, employs more than 125 people at its plant in Clarion, where it manufactures egg cartons and four-cup drink holders.
Food Production and Agriculture:
- National producers Centrum Valley Farms, Daybreak Foods, Sparboe, and Iowa Cage Free make Wright County one of the nation’s leaders in egg production, with approximately 15 million laying hens. Shell eggs and liquid eggs are exported throughout the country on a daily basis.
- Monsanto and Syngenta, international companies in the seed business, have processing and warehouse facilities in Clarion and Belmond, respectively.
- Wright County farmers are among the nation’s most productive in terms of crop yields. The county is one of the leaders in the state in hog production, too.
- Ag Processing Inc., Gold-Eagle Cooperative, North Central Cooperative, MaxYield Cooperative, Dows Farmers Cooperative, and NEW Cooperative provide outlets for the sale of crops grown by Wright County farmers, as well as a wide range of custom services.
- Corn, LP, manufactures ethanol at a state-of-the art facility in Goldfield.
- Zoetis, an internationally-backed company, manufactures and delivers livestock health materials at its facility in Eagle Grove.
Iowa Specialty Hospital's services, including orthopedic surgery, draw people from a wide geographic area.
- Iowa Specialty Hospital, with campuses in Clarion and Belmond, was ranked first in the nation in customer satisfaction in 2012, and has invested tens of millions of dollars over the past decade in medical staffing, expanded medical programs, and specialized facilities. It was ranked in the Top 15 Best Places to Work in Iowa in 2012.
There are dozens of other successful enterprises in Wright County, ranging from a single owner-operator to dozens of employees. Perhaps you have a business that would complement one of those already existing here. Perhaps you have an idea for something new and different altogether. Either way, Wright County Economic Development can help you find the Wright Place and the Wright People to help you relocate, expand or start a business. All you have to do is call us at 515-532-6422 or email us at email@example.com and we will work to get you in touch with the Wright People, in the Wright Place, here in Wright County!
Iowa? Yes, Iowa!
We are Wright for Business
Iowa is proud of its agricultural roots, no doubt. Our farmer producers feed much of the world with products made from grains, livestock and eggs. But, Iowa is also a manufacturing state. Iowa is also a technological leader. Iowa offers fields of opportunities for all business sectors – call it a place to grow, if you wish.
Iowa continues to expand on its long tradition of agricultural and manufacturing excellence. Both of these industries have served as a springboard for continued industry development in a broad range of areas. Today, Iowa continues to lead the way in advanced manufacturing and agribusiness, and is also in the forefront of innovation in renewable energy, information solutions and logistics. Learn more about Iowa’s targeted industries.
Favorable Business Climate
With the lowest cost of doing business, companies operating in Iowa benefit from a business-friendly state government, a skilled and productive labor pool, a centralized geographical location, access to raw materials, and innovation and technology transfer between world-renowned research universities and colleges. Check out the many business advantages Iowa companies enjoy.
Sitting in the center of an eight-state market of nearly one million businesses and thirty-five million people, Iowa's Midwest location offers a distinct advantage to businesses with both domestic and international markets and suppliers.
Iowa’s central geographic location and abundance of transportation options provide businesses with multiple distribution channels for their goods. Three interstate highways — I-35, I-80 and I-29 — pass through Iowa offering coast-to-coast, border-to-border access in the U.S. transportation grid. Iowa has nearly 4,000 miles of rail freight track operated by 19 railroad companies — four are major, national carriers. There are 60 barge terminals that ship and receive tonnage in Iowa — 55 on the Mississippi River and five on the Missouri River. See more.
Iowa has all of the key elements to provide a smart, productive workforce necessary to foster business growth. Not only does the K-12 public education system consistently lead the nation in graduation rates, students are also at the top on ACT and SAT scores. Lifelong learning is paramount in personal and professional growth. Iowa has a network of technical colleges, public and private colleges and universities to produce the workforce necessary to support Iowa’s employers. Workforce training programs are also readily available through our extensive community college network. Read on.
50 State Comparison
We can tell you all about Iowa’s advantages, but you know best what is most important for your project. Utilize the 50 State Comparison tool to determine how Iowa stacks up again other states in the categories that are important to you. Run your comparison